Ok, these curry chicken salad crostinis are soooo good. They make great appetizers, snacks, quick lunch bites, you name it!
I always include a whole organic chicken in my weekly meal planning. The first meal I make is whole roasted chicken with rice/potatoes and veggies. Then, I break down the leftover chicken and place the meat in a bowl and the bones in either the slow cooker or the pressure cooker (depends on my mood) to make bone broth. Then, I shred the meat and put it in the fridge to make:
- Shredded Chicken Enchilada Casserole with Homemade Enchilada Sauce (recipes to come)
- Shredded Chicken Tacos or Toddler-Approved Baked Chicken Taquitos (recipes to come)
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup with Bone Broth (recipe to come)
- ….and Chicken Salad!
Regardless of the “second dinner” I choose to make that week, I usually put at least a handful (or two) of the chicken aside to make chicken salad. It’s so nice having some on hand to make quick sandwiches with or to add to salads.
But, these curry chicken salad crostinis are one of my favorite serving suggestions. All you need is some sliced baguette and a spoonful of chicken salad and BAM! So good.
And they’re cute enough for party platters, but simple enough for a thrown-together snack.
Chicken Salad Recipe Mixers
- Plain yogurt or mayonnaise — to make your chicken salad a bit healthier, opt for plain yogurt. But, mayo is always a tasty, traditional mixer as well. For this recipe, I used Greek yogurt.
- Toss in: shredded carrot, chopped red onion, chopped celery, chopped parsley. You can also add in things like diced apple, dried cranberries and chopped nuts (if you don’t have a nut allergy like we do in our house).
- Spice it up: Add in curry powder, salt and pepper. Or, maybe even try some turmeric or everything bagel seasoning. Experiment!
CHICKEN SALAD ALLERGY NOTES
This recipe is peanut free and tree nut free.
- 2 cups chicken, shredded
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (or mayo)
- 1/2 cup carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- a handful of parsley, chopped
- curry powder, salt, pepper, to taste
- baguette, thinly sliced, toasted
- Shred chicken and place in a medium-sized bowl. Mix in the yogurt, prepared veggies and spices (to taste).
- Toast thin slices of baguette and top with heaping spoonfuls of chicken salad. Serve and enjoy!
Optional: To add some zing to your chicken salad, try adding a splash of rice vinegar, some lemon zest or some chopped mint!
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 279Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 44mgSodium 489mgCarbohydrates 33gFiber 3gSugar 5gProtein 20g
This nutrition label is a product of an online calculator. Even though I try to provide accurate nutritional information to the best of my ability, these figures should still be considered estimates.